The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Director, District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistant Panchayat Development in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Municipal commissioners & Executive Officers of Town Panchayats are assisting the collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A : Election Office Procedures and Establishment, District Revenue Officers Review meeting, Village Administrative Officers and Tapal Distribution. Elections Work.
- Section B : Encroachment, House Site Patta, Land Pledge details and Land related court cases
- Section C : Land Survey, Bhoodan Land, Inam and Labour Reforms
- Section D : Law & Order, Magisterial, Cinema Theatre, Goonda and Arms Act
- Section E : Pension, Salary, Pay Fixation, Budget
- Section G : Jamabandhi, Irrigation, Birth and Death and Etc.,
- Section H : Record Maintenance, TNPSC, RR Act, LR Act, Sarees Dhoties, Accommodation for VIPs and Awards.
- Section J : Excise and TASMAC
- Section K : Food Supply, Ration Shop
- Section L : Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
- Section M : Backward class Minorities welfare
- Section N : All Scheme (Except Laptop), Monday Petition and CM Cell Petition
- Section S : Refugees and Sri lankan Welfare
- Section T : Disaster Management
- Section U : Court cases
- Survey : Survey Matters
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PD (DRDA) : Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PO (TNSRLM) : Mahalir Thittam
- PA (PD) : Development
- AD (P) : Panchayats Related Activities
- AD (Audit) : Audit and High Level committe
- PA (NMP) : School Noon Meals Related Activites