Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
The Majority of the Adi Dravidar / Tribal Population are economically backward and socially marginalized. Most of the families lack resources and access to education, employment and other income earning opportunities are limited.
- Provision of Scholarship to students who study in Schools & Colleges.
- Concession and incentives are provided to the AdiDravidar& Tribal Welfare School Students.
- Special Incentive Scheme for encouraging girl’s education.
- Chief Ministers Award for encouraging high Scorers in the Higher Secondary Public Examinations.
- Imparting of Job oriented training.
- Special Assistance is provided to Law Graduates to start their Profession.
- Issue of Tools and Appliances to the Poor AdiDravidar/ Tribal people/ Converted Christian AdiDravidar who are below poverty line.
- Hostel facilities are provided to students who study in Schools, Colleges & ITI’s.
- Removal of Untouchability for promoting communal harmony.
- Provision of free House Site Pattas, Burial grounds and Pathways to Burial grounds to the poor houseless AdiDravidar and Tribal families.
Adi Dravidar And Tribal Welfare Schools & Hostels
|S.No||Classificaion of Schools and Hostels||Nos||No. of Students|
|1||Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools||27||2118|
|2||Adi Dravidar Welfare Hostels||19||1215|
Adi Dravidar and Tribal welfare Department is implementing various educational scholarship schemes form 1st std to PG&P.hd degree with the prime objective to provide quality education to the socially backward SC, ST and SCC people to ensure socio – economic, educational development, Social dignity and self sustainability.
|Scholarships||Details (PDF 49 KB)|
|Concessions and Incentives for Adi Dravidar & Tribal Welfare School Students||Details (PDF 47 KB)|
|Special Incentive for Girls Students,
Admission of bright students in reputed schools, Mats,Bed Sheets and Miscellaneous charges for Hostel Students
|Details (PDF 56 KB)|
|Chief Ministers Merit Award and Other State Level Awards||Details (PDF 40 KB)|
|Housing and Other Schemes for Adi Dravidar & Tribal peoples||Details (PDF 43 KB)|
For more informations, the following officials may be contacted.
|Designation||Contact Number||Email ID||Address|
Disrict Adi Dravidar and
Disrict Adi Dravidar andTribal Welfare office,
Special Tahsildar (Adw) Kulithalai (T) Karur
Special Tahsildar (Adw) Kulithalai (Now) Karur