Department of Horticulture and Plantation Crops
Horticultural area of the Karur district was 16000.00 Ha. In general, Karur district has specifically known for Moringa and Banana cultivation and other prominent crops under cultivation are Tapioca, Gloriosa, Betelvine, Jasmine, Ixora, Coconut and other vegetable crops. Thanthoni, Aravakurichi, Kadavur and K. Paramathy were major vegetable growing region and Thogamalai, Krishnarayapuram, Kulithalai were major Banana growing region and Karur block was major Coconut growing region. State Horticulture Farms was located on Mudalaipatti, Thogamalai block where Quality Planting materials are produced.
To increase the production, productivity and income of farmers, various schemes are being implemented through Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops. To impart hi-tech production techniques among farmers various schemes like poly house construction, shade net house, distribution of seedlings of high yielding varieties of fruit crops, vegetables and plantation crops are being done.
1.MISSION FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF HORTICULTURE – Integrated Horticulture Development Programme
- Area Expansion Programme
- Cultivation of Hybrid vegetables (Tomato, Brinjal and Chillies)- Protray seedlings has been produced at State Horticulture Farms and distributed to farmers as 20000 Nos per hectare
- Normal Planting of Fruits – 40% Subsidy : Mango cultivation – 100 Nos per hectare, Lime/Lemon cultivation 527 Nos per hectare, Guava cultivation 277 Nos per hectare planting materials has been given to farmers
- Flower crops cultivation: For cultivating Jasmine and Ixora, Planting material cuttings 1600 Nos per hectare also been given to farmers
- Spices Cultivation: Chillies cultivation- Protray Seedlings has been given to farmers as 12000 Nos per hectare and Curry leaves Seedlings 20000 Nos per hectare has been given to the farmers
- Protected Cultivation
- Construction of Poly house: 50% subsidy has been provided for constructing Poly houses at the rate of Rs. 468 per square meter allowing maximum 4000 sq.m per beneficiary
- Shadenet house: As like poly house construction, 50% assistance has been given to the maximum of 4000 sq.m per beneficiary at rate of Rs. 355 per square meter.
- Pandal Cultivation
- Post harvest Structures
- To construct pack houses for the purpose of grading, cleaning and packing of Horticultural produces at the rate of 50% subsidy Rs. 2.00 lakh has been given to farmers
- Low cost Onion Storage Structure : 50% Subsidy assistance has been given to farmers at Rs. 3500 /MT as back ended subsidy with 5 MT to 50 MT per farmer
50% subsidy has been provided to farmers at the rate of Rs. 2 lakhs/Ha
2. NATIONAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NADP)
- Under Onion Development Scheme, Rs. 20000 per hectare has been given as seeds and Inputs
- To encourage organic farming Subsidy Assistance has been given as Incentives to the farmers at Rs. 2500/Ha for Greens and Coriander and Rs. 3750/Ha for Tomato, Brinjal, Bhendi, Lab Lab, Gourds etc. Also, Certification charges Rs. 500 per farmer has been given
- Pandal Cultivation : 50% subsidy has been provided to farmers at the rate of Rs. 2 lakhs/Ha
3. PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY)
Under this scheme, to emphasis efficient use of irrigation water, farmers are being encouraged to set up micro irrigation facility through financial assistance of 100 % subsidy to small and marginal farmers and 75 % subsidy to big farmers. A beneficiary can get financial assistance up to 5 ha. Farmers who are all already benefited can also get subsidy for renew the laterals after seven years.
4. RAINFED AREA DEVELOPMENT (RAD-IFS)
- Horticulture Based Farming System: For an area of 1 hectare, subsidy up to Rs. 9200/- has been given for planting material and other inputs
- Permanent Vermicompost unit: To set up permanent vermicompost structure, Rs. 12500/- has been given as backended subsidy
- Apiary unit: Subsidy assistance Rs. 12800 has been given for eight units as backended subsidy
- Animal Husbandry: Backended Subsidy Rs. 15000 has been given for buying one Milch Cow/Buffalo, Backended Subsidy Rs. 7500 has been given for buying five numbers of Goat/Sheep and Backended Subsidy Rs. 3000 has been given for buying 10 numbers of Desi Poultry birds.
5. PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA (PMFBY)
In Karur district, Banana, Tapioca, Onion, Turmeric and Tomato crops are notified to be covered under this insurance scheme. Farmers insured the crops in notified villages could get insurance amount for crop damages due to natural calamities and tremendous yield loss due to pest and diseases.
ELIGIBILITY OF FARMERS
- All the farmers who have own agriculture lands are eligible. If on lease, the lease period should be a minimum of 10 years for project based components.
- Assured irrigation facilities are necessary where water usage is mandatory for the components like protected cultivation, area expansion etc.
- The beneficiary farmers should enclose all mandatory documents along with the application.
- The documents should be valid for the current period.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL SUBSIDY FOR VARIOUS COMPONENTS UNDER MIDH
- Application Form
- Beneficiary must be registered in Uzhavan app
- Chitta and adangal (original)
- FMB sketch
- In case of Lessee farmers, registered lease agreement should be furnished.
- Soil and water test reports for cultivation related components
- Passport size photos (3 Nos.)
- Ration card (Xerox)
- Bank passbook (1st page Xerox) for verifying the Account Number
- Affidavit for components wherein the assistance is above Rs.50,000/-
- Field photos during various stages of implementation with beneficiary (for Area expansion and project based activities)
- Field Board with Department Logo after completion (for project based).
Department Officials Contact Details
|S.No||Name||Designation||Working Place||Mobile No|
|DISTRICT LEVEL OFFICER|
|1||S.Manimekalai||Deputy Director of Horticulture||Karur||9751052040|
|2||M.Prema||Assistant Director of Horticulture (PM)||Karur||9750262060|
|3||R.Nandhini||Horticulture Officer (Tech)||Karur||9788681095|
|BLOCK LEVEL OFFICER|
|4||B.Rajavelu||Assistant Director of Horticulture||Karur||9751678794|
|5||M.Kavitha||Assistant Director of Horticulture||Thanthoni||9790107117|
|6||T.Thamilselvi||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Aravakurichi||9843643170|
|7||T.A.Shahul Imran Ali||Assistant Director of Horticulture||Krishnarayapuram||9994629884|
|8||T.Thamilselvi||Assistant Director of Horticulture||K. Paramathi||9843643170|
|9||T.A.Shahul Imran Ali||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Kulithalai||9994629884|
|10||P.Tamilselvi||Assistant Director of Horticulture||Kadavur||9445117941|
|11||M.Prema||Assistant Director of Horticulture (i/c)||Thogamalai||9750262060|
For more information:
Visit here and Uzhavan app
Deputy Director of Horticulture
Department of Horticulture and Plantation crops